Friday, February 15, 2008

Head honcho of the fish boil



Minnesota. Well even though my official title is 'head honcho of the Fish Boil' I prefer to think of myself as a professional pyromaniac. I could talk about optimum temperatures for carbonizing spices or maintaining consistent heat levels by properly distribution of firewood, the truth is that I just like to burn shit. And in a town of less than 6,000 inhabitants there's a lot of redneck pyromaniacs so you better be damn good at burning shit if you actually want to get paid to do it. I don't want to brag but you don't live to be a 62 year old 'head honcho of the Fish Boil' without any major burn scars unless you're goddamn good. So I guess I am. This is me last weekend burning stuff and cooking a Fish Boil for a group of Scandinavian tourists. Thank god for the Minnesota-Wisconsin Scandinavian tourists. Single-handedly financing my love of fire. Thanks guys.

No comments: