Friday, February 15, 2008

SAFE




Savannah, GEORGIA. I woke up at 7.00 as always whilst the twins were locked in their room to play with my husband, Bob.

As I said my morning prayer I heard them panting and giggling as they were playfighting, I guess, Bob doesn’t like me around when he is playing with the children.

I thank the lord every minute of the day for the loving physical relationship Bob has with them, they seem inseparable.

You know that they have become very moody and worn out recently and their grades at school have really gotten a lot worse.

So seeing how much time Bob spends with them makes me happy and reassures me.

You know now that I think of it Tommy Lee , the eldest of my boys, also went through this sulky, tired phase at their age, so I don’t think I should worry that much about it.

Tommy Lee is 15 now and as usual he is in the den on the internet

He spends hours in there dressed in combats watching war documentaries of every type, but I think he is especially interested in the second World War and Germany in particular.

You know, Tommy Lee has always been very good at history.

Unfortunately, his relationship with Bob became very strained when he reached puberty.

Bob also had a very close and affectionate relationship with Tommy Lee, he held him in his arms, he cuddled him, and closed the door to his room to play games with him for hours like he does with the twins.

But now it seem as if Bob has lost interest in Tommy Lee, but on the other hand puberty is a very difficult and strange time and for a father it must be very hard to deal with.

At 8.00 Bob finally came out of the twins room adjusting his messed up clothes.

He was really exhausted, sweaty and red-faced after all the games. He grabbed a quick coffee and then went out to go into town to meet up with his group of friends who call themselves the “Proud white brotherhood”.

Bob explained to me that it is an organisation that campaigns to make America safer and more just, but you know, I don’t understand anything about politics

A little while later I went into the twins room, and do you know, they were both lying in the same bed, crying and shaking because they couldn’t play with their father any more.

They were so tired that they didn’t even want any breakfast and they went back to sleep holding hands.

At 12 after prayers we all had lunch together and my sons eat looking down at their plates without saying a word.

They were so calm and quiet, they made me so proud of the good education that Bob and I are giving them.

I thank God again for the harmony and peace that reins over this family!

At 15.00 the Fed Ex guy delivered a heavy package for Tommy Lee, this is the fourth one in the last two months.

Tommy Lee told me that he was preparing something very special for the science test on Monday. “Soon you will understand me and what I am made of” he said proudly and he went out shortly after.

He had a huge backpack on and he walked towards the forest a few miles from our farm telling me he was going to prepare for the science test on Monday.

I am so happy to see him putting so much effort into doing well in the sciences.

I spent the rest of the afternoon reading the bible and the house was so peaceful and calm, it was almost surreal.

You could only hear the eco of the gun shots of the hunters in the distance breaking the silence and I thought to myself , the hunting season here in Georgia has started very early this year.

No comments: